Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Inspiration from a Butterfly

Sarah's post inspired me to write.  Actually I hadn't written before now because I had never looked at the email address and password contained in the original Facebook message sent forever ago.  Now I feel SO dumb!

As you know I am working from Atlanta for Deloitte.  It's actually been kind of a joke for me to be here.  When I left for Utah I was given a pile of work, but my super didn't want to overwhelm me... I could have had it done by the end of the week.  It was pretty marvelous since I was moving into a new place and so I decided to space out my work load out and get settled into the new place simultaneously.  The place is coming together nicely :)  I'll get pictures with another post as I haven't taken any yet...

Today, I am here at work and let me first about my journey to Atlanta.
so first I drive to SLC airport with my new roomie Tiffany.  We chatted about our conference weekends since we didn't spend them together.  I got to the airport an hour before my flight's scheduled departure, which always gets me a little anxious, but no worries.  Airport was deader than dead and so in 20 mins or less I was at my gate.  Problem was there was no plane at my gate :(  it didn't show up in fact until 20 AFTER departure time... welp that's just too bad!  so an HOUR after I'm supposed to leave UT I finally board my plane... I should be waiting in Denver for my next flight!  Not to worry though I would still have a 20 minute layover. 

So things get really interesting in Denver.  Background story- when I bought my ticket it appeared to be a direct flight, what it really was is the same plane flies from Salt Lake, stops in Denver, and then goes to Atlanta.  Back to present- so we land, no worries.  I have 20 mins and It's past dinner time and I haven't eaten anything but a small portion of left overs for brunch so I'm thinking something sounds really nice.  The flight attendants said we could leave our stuff on the plane, get food, and come back in time for departure.  So I'm leaving the plane and go to the desk to let them know I'll be back soon when fear strikes... the desk says this plane is going to Austin, TX.  uhhhhh... so me and some other gentlemen in my same situation inquire about the city and the attendants act like we are retartded cause this plane is going to Austin, not Atlanta... (side note- I hate people who act like you are ignorant when CLEARLY it is them who are ignorant!  That plane was infact supposed to go to Atlanta.  don't give me your attitude!!!)  So I turn around to get back on the plane and grab my stuff and another attendent acts like a panic-ed bouncer and stands arms outstreched and knees bent ready to tackle me.  Woah... talk about an over reaction!  I give her a look that lets me know that I think she is dumb and say, "excuse me, my stuff is on the plane, I kinda need it." and at this point the gentlemen are with me too, both also looking at her like she is crazy.  At this point I believe that Frontier has a bunch of loons working for them.  They hire straight from the crazy farm.  The bouncer consults with a male attendent and asks if he would help her retireve our belongings and asks us if there are other passangers still on board.  I told her that there were still a lot of passangers and the entire flight crew going to Atlanta still on board becuase as far as we all knew that is where the plane was going.  At this point she hates me and I think she is crazy.  The guy seeing the situations says, go on back.  She then turns to him and gives him a crazy, this-is-against-protocol look but he turned his back. Apparently he knows she is crazy so my suspicions are confirmed.

So not only did our gate move, but I had to wait 2.5 hours for the flight... BAH!  And there were people EVERY where because apparently frontier wasn't just having problems with my flight, but all of their flights.  So I got into Atlanta at 2:00 AM!!  and my dad, such a trooper, came and got me.  Love that man.  He is just fan-tastic.

So today I had a meeting, ate lunch, and have sent off a few just-because-I-have-nothing-better-to-do-but-think-of-things emails and then decided to look into planning my weekend with Abi and Sarah. (Geli you will be missed, but I understand you are having a BLAST with some chica named Amanda who is, by more than one account, awesome) 

So since I am still sitting here for a while with nothing to do I will tell you about my life.

I live in Draper now.  It is a really nice place and the ward seems really nice so far too. 

I wish I had a professor that looked like Yoda to stare at... instead I will stare at my computer screen and listen to my pandora station which ironically enough is playing techno right now, which was also mentioned in a previous post.

I'm 100% over Michael Stanley.  it just never would have worked.

I finished reading The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman.  I read this book a few years ago when I was dating he-who-must-not-be-named, and actually fear of a name only increases fear of the person itself, so we'll just call him DJ.  Great book. I've learned alot from it even a second time.  it's one of those look at yourself and your relationships books that helps you understand youself better.  In case you were wondering the five love languages are 1) Words of Affirmation 2) Quality Time 3) Receiving Gifts 4) Acts of Service 5) Physical Touch.  you can take a survey here http://www.5lovelanguages.com/ to find your's!  Lets all compare!  I literally scored evenly in 1 and 5 in the for wives test... but I took that one because that's the one in the book.  I will now pause this post and take the assesment for singles... (PAUSE)... Ok same results.  So apparently you should all tell me how much you love me and give me big hugs and cuddles when we see eachother :) 

Re-reading this book has helped me understand why I just could never make it work with Michael Stanley, he doesn't like to give words of affirmation.  he told me that he felt like if a person heard that everyday they were awesome they would start to get a big head.  But of course he is one of the cockiest people in the world, so he is just thinking of himself :)

I've gotta say though, Cody Hyer is excellent at both of these.  I'm seriously resisting falling for this boy, but he just keeps proving that he could be worth it. 

Man I wish something would happen at work!  Maybe I'll look for another job... hahaha!! I need to anyways, since this gig is up in June.

Welp, this is just a long post.  I'm sure that you quit reading by now :)  but if you are still reading, I love you!!!  I might just make this a past-time... now that I know the password ;)

LOVE LOVE!!!
BrookieCookie

No comments:

Post a Comment